Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How to add a "How Did You Find Me?" question to your Paypal checkout

written by waterwaif


Ever wondered how your buyers found you and your stuff? Sure you did. And do. So did I!
And I've discovered that there's an optional question you can add to your Paypal checkout that asks your buyers exactly that: How did you find me?

The question is entirely optional and will appear at the end of purchase while your buyer is paying. It's super easy to set up, too!


1. Login to your PayPal account
2. Go to -->My Account -->Profile
3. Selling Preferences --> Custom Payment Pages --> Options --> Merchant Service Options
4. Check "Add a Customer Service Survey" and fill in the blanks with the choices you'd like to offer, i.e. Etsy, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Friends
5. Save

And voila!
You will now be able to view this under the payment details in Paypal for each transaction.


Thanks for stopping by! If you found this helpful, please leave us a comment so we know!

12 comments:

Lynne Vincent said...

Thanks for the tutorial-EASY

priti said...

I just did this yesterday to my paypal account:)

Lola's Jewels said...

Great info!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathleen Cavalaro said...

I've always want to ask this of my customer but did not want to be annoying. So this is perfect! Thanks!

Ladii said...

First Time Linking Up thanks for hosting Also a New Follower from Friendly Wednesday hope you can return the follow

www.Ladii-Aponte.blogspot.com

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

That's a great idea to add a little extra touch!

I just found your blog from one of the Wednesday blog hops. Have a great night!

popwhiz said...

That was so easy, thanks! Just wish there were more than five answer options.

ironside said...

thanks I love that feature! I had to make sure I upgraded my paypal account before I could see these options.

RiverSong said...

this was very helpful - thanks!

Unknown said...

I was very excited to find this, tho I didn't know I had to upgrade my accoubt until I read Ironside's comment!
Thanks!

Mary @ Little House Monograms said...

Thanks a bunch! Just added this to my paypal!

waterwaif said...

Technically, you aren't supposed to sell without an upgraded account. The personal Paypal account was never intended to be used for business purposes. So it makes sense that you'd have to upgrade to see the merchant options!