Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Discovering New Shops: Meet FallenPeach!

Welcome to the first ever new shop interview here on Team Discovery! We're dedicated to finding and promoting undiscovered shops on Etsy. We define undiscovered as having 20 sales or less, and each week we will find one, talk to the shop owner, share the shop with you, and then include their items in treasuries!


For this, the first ever interview, I'd like to introduce you to FallenPeach. In this shop you will find bookmarks, greeting cards, and magnets, all done with photographs taken by Lindsey herself. I recently caught up with Lindsey, the shop owner, and asked her some questions.






Waterwaif for Team Discovery: First off, tell me a little bit about yourself. 

Lindsey from FallenPeach:  Hi, my name is Lindsey and I’m a graphic designer and photographer living in southern Connecticut. I went to school to be a writer, but followed a slightly different creative path not long after graduation. Some of my favorite things are reading, having adventures, and making useful things. 





WW: How and when did you start your craft?

FP: I started making things like bookmarks out of my photography about a year ago, but I’ve been a photographer and a creative person my whole life. I started really focusing on photography in high school, became distracted with writing in college and then went back to photography post-college. 





WW: What is your favorite piece you’ve created and why?

FP: On our last road trip I took some amazing photographs, and I think this is one of my favorites. The full image features a zebra printed couch as well, and will soon be available as a greeting card. But I love how the photo cropped for this bookmark as well.







WW: What's your personal motto?

FP: I don’t know if it’s a motto, per se, but I try to live every day individually and stay positive. Negativity does no good and it’s important to live your life instead of waiting for things to come. 







Thank you to Lindsey for sharing her time and work with us! If you'd like to see more of her work, or to find her elsewhere on the web you can follow her blog, become a follower on twitter, fan her on facebook, or visit her Etsy shop.





10 comments:

easy123 said...

How inspiring! Good luck Fallen Peach! Off to check out your shop :)

Kathleen Cavalaro said...

I LOVE your shop! Your work is beautiful! Good luck and I wish you many, many sales!

Lindsey said...

thanks so much! :)

sarah s. said...

Lindsey: so exciting to link to your interview....great job and best of luck for a great September

Mary @ Little House Monograms said...

Lindsey
I just checked out your shop and your work is lovely! Lots of luck and thanks for being our very first interview!!!

jen said...

Your stuff is so creative! Best of luck to you :)

Unknown said...

Glad to among so much talent!

cherryandviolet said...

Awesome! I actually purchased some of Lindsey's bookmarks last year. They are beautiful!

Liying said...

I'm just up to say:"Thanks for the lovely team!" I just finished some treasury findings and some newly opened shops. Ciao!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. I like the blue flower bookmark ;-)