Straight from Etsy's October Merchandising Report:
"October's harvest themes are centered around decor and table accents that will transition into November's entertaining, especially Thanksgiving. In the decor frame of mind, think home accents big and small, bringing the outdoor seasonal nature and hues indoors. Emphasis on hostess solutions and gifts, toasting, and celebratory dining. Trending themes: Gourds and pumpkins, vintage industrial farm accents, orchard and vineyard references, classic fall fruits and vegetables, glass and clay jars spread across a bountiful table. Woodland emphasis, natural colors, rich fabrics, the hearth, and played-up textures."
So today's one day only theme is:
A Beautiful Holiday Table
Here are the rules:
1. Interpret this theme any way you want to or any way you can and let that be the theme of your treasury! Be creative! This is a chance to let your artistic freedoms shine! We encourage you to try and incorporate pumpkins and/or cranberries into your treasury as well. It doesn't have to be literal. It could be the hues of pumpkin spice or or deep cranberry red.
2. Use at least 8 undiscovered shops (20 sales or less) and the rest team members. Do not include yourself or non-team members with more than 20 sales.
3. You must add "treasury challenge" somewhere in your treasury title.
4. You must tag the treasury "teamdiscovery" and "TDthemechallenge". Other tags to include if you can or want to: holiday table, pumpkin, cranberry. Please do not forget to tag your treasuries!
5. Link back to this exact blog post in your treasury. This will help the word get out and make our challenges (and exposure) exciting! If you cannot think of what to write, try this (and add the exact URL):
This is a Team Discovery Thursday Themed Challenge!
These challenges run one day only and the winner receives awesome stuff!
Anyone can play. Come check it out:
6. Post your treasury URL here in a comment on this blog post. This will count as your entry.
7. Follow our blog, please. You can do this by clicking follow over there in the right sidebar ---> or by clicking follow all the way at the top left of the blog.
8. Promote your treasury in any way you can. Tweet it, facebook it, forums, too! The top 4 treasuries (by views and/or hotness first thing Friday morning) will be open to voting on our blog this weekend. The winner will receive ad space in our sidebar for one week, until next Thursday's themed challenge. Last week's winner is not eligible to win this week but is encouraged to participate for the fun of it.
9. Please follow these rules exactly if you want your treasury to count in the challenge. Failure to add "Treasury Challenge" to your title or improper tagging might result in us not being able to find your treasury at all and it won't count!
10. This challenge ends at midnight tonight, eastern time and the voting for the winner will begin Friday morning.